One Sunday seven years ago we came for lunch with friends in Badger Way. We had a long walk on Camber Sands, an excellent lunch and saw the estate's show house. It had never been our intention to have a seaside house, but the next day we spoke to the agent and reserved Whitebeam Cottage, which we named after the whitebeam tree in the front garden.
We have spent many happy weekends and holidays here. In fact we came to love the area so much that we moved to the centre of Rye. Whether for a holiday, weekend break or special event, we are sure that you will love your time here too!
- Sitting room: open plan with French doors to decking area. Flat screen TV with Freeview, Chromecast and DVD player. 2 sofas, 2 armchairs, coffee table, lights. Books, games and DVD films are provided.
- Kitchen/dining room: electric cooker, microwave, Nespresso machine, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, radio, kitchen window looking out over garden area. Lovely kitchen table with 8 chairs, French shutters.
- Garden: table and chairs on decking; additional cafe style table and 4 chairs in the pebbled area. Charcoal barbecue.
- Downstairs cloakroom: WC and basin.
- Understairs cupboard: ironing board, drying rack, travel cot, high chair, stair gate.
- Master bedroom: king-size bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers. Large fitted wardrobe with full-length mirror. En-suite shower room with basin and WC.
- Double bedroom: twin single beds (or super king-size), bedside table and light, chest of drawers, mirror and hook board for hanging clothes.
- Second double bedroom: twin single beds (or king-size), bedside table and lights, chair, mirror and vintage hook board.
- Family bathroom: bath (shower over), basin and WC.
For all current prices, see the "Beside the Sea" website. This is automatically updated and will show current availability. A secure booking can be made online or please call the office at any time.
Prices shown include bed linen, towels, all utilities, pre-arrival and departure cleaning and a welcome pack. We regret that smoking and pets are not permitted.
The changeover day for weekly bookings is a Saturday. Other start days may be possible on request in the low and mid-season. Short breaks may commence on any day.
With the only sand dune system in East Sussex, Camber Sands provides one of the region's most popular and picturesque beaches. Over five miles of beautiful golden sand provide the perfect setting for dogwalking, beachcombing or even kite-surfing for the more adventurous! The beautiful medieval town of Rye, a former bastion of the English coast, lies only three miles away, with a rich history and picturesque cobbled streets.